Search This Blog

Totties Pretties on Etsy

Totties Pretties on Etsy
Tottie's Pretties are ribbon wrapped headbands adorned with flowers & gems or perfect boutique bows. Banding Girls Together to Find a Cure for Childhood Arthritis. Tottie's supports CARRA and the Arthritis Foundation.

Monday, November 24, 2008

Aye, aye, aye....

This poor child. What next? I probably shouldn't ask that. So....over the past couple of weeks we had noticed Jennas knees and one ankle starting to swell. She wasn't complaining so we didn't mention it to her. I just kept subtly checking her out. By the end of last week she was complaining ALOT about pain and discomfort. Also her eyes seemed to be doing better on the drops 4 x daily. Also by end of last week....lots of pain. So I called her rheumatologist this morning and spoke with his nurse. She then spoke with him and called me back. We are increasing her methotrexate and giving ibuprofen every six hours. Lovely. Do this for 2 wks and call back. I am somehow not sastisfied. I don't know what I would have rather them said. I just don't feel sastisfied with what they DID say. A couple hours goes by and her primary doctors office calls. Her routine labs that she had done last week are off so he wants more labs done. Awesome.....cause we had to pine her to the table last week. Her platelet count is to high. Now I know that this is not uncommon in arthritis but it's even to high for her rheumatologist to think it's okay. Great! So what is going on now?! Oh and I also STILL have not heard back from Dr. Fosters office about the crazy $250 payment for her first visit. Thank GOD I started taking meds of my own.

3 comments:

Jacob's Mom said...

Sorry to hear this is all going on Amy. My heart goes out to you. You have to try to be strong. Have faith that the doctor's will straighten out her meds and calm the arthritis down. One step at a time. When Jacob was five I remember just crying day after day thinking this is never going to end. It is so hard for a mother to see her child going through all of this. I thought I was going to lose it. You will find the strength to get through this. Mom's have amazing abilities to get through anything. She will be well again. Try to keep the faith. If you need to talk feel free to email me.

We see Foster next week. I can ask the secretary about the 250.00 for you. You go the week after right?

Have a nice Thanksgiving.

Amy Cunningham said...

My new mantra is...If He brings you to it He will bring you through it. I know I need to keep strong in my faith that if it is meant to be it will be. It's just so hard sometimes. If you could check with the secretary that would be GREAT! You have a good Thanksgiving too :)

Lesli said...

I found your blog through Joannes blog and wanted to say hi. I am so sorry that your little one is not feeling well. Since she is having swelling and alot of pain, has your doctor ever mentioned trying a steroid? My daughter is two and has had JRA since march of this year. NOTHING has been working for her at all until we tried pred two weeks ago.. she is finally acting like a normal two year old for the first time in nine months with no complaints at all. She was telling me almost everyday that her ankle and fingers were hurting. She has only had five doses of mtx so I am hoping by the time we take her off of the pred that the mtx will help. I really hope that they find something that will help your little one, it makes me so sad to see all of these precious children suffering. It is just not fair. Oh, my daughters platelets have always been very high too but they have never really seemed concerned.
Have a happy Thanksgiving and hang in there!! Lesli