Since her eyes are still healthy, we are not comfortable playing around with her meds at this time. Despite the fact that her joints continue to flare off and on, it just isn't worth the risk to her eyes to play with the meds. I called her rheum office and scheduled her 3 month follow up and asked that the nurse please speak with Dr. V about keeping meds the same for now. I got the call back before days end. What a relief, she is FINE with keeping her on the MTX and Humira for now and we will see how she is at her appointment in November. PHEW!
So for now we wait and see, again, what this disease will do. It is so hard to just let things be. To not be hyper vigilant, always on edge, questioning every little thing. I don't even know how to explain it to someone with a healthy child. But, for now, I am going to just let things be as they are. I am going to try not to ask her every morning, every afternoon, every night, "How are you? Are you okay? Are you sure?" I need to back off. I need to TRUST that if something is wrong, she will tell me. We'll see how this goes.
|She was so upset about missing art class AGAIN this week. It's her most favorite enhancement class. What a pleasant surprise this was. The Art Cart was out at Duke Eye Center. :o)|